Wednesday 9 June 2010

Garden veg

The growing season is well upon us and things are springing up all over the garden. This year I built some raised beds from old scaffolding battons, so much better than grow-bags!

Here are a couple of the beds, one filled with salad crops and the other with legumes and carrots...
I partitioned the end of one of the beds and filled it with a special sandy soil mix to encourage the carrots to grow straight and true. We'll see how it works out!

I also have a larger bed that I made last year; it's a bit shady so I tend to put things in there that aren't too fussy about loads of sun. Here it is being guarded by a friendly gnome...


...I have parsnips, flowering sprout, purple sprouting broccoli and sweetcorn in there this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment